Scroll to top
Rules of FootGolf are very similar to Golf, instead of hitting a Golf ball with a club, the player kicks a size 4 or 5 football into a much larger 21inch hole.
1. Each player kicks his/her own ball and must allow it to stop rolling before kicking it again, the object of the game is to get the ball in the hole with the fewest number of kicks
2. The ball may be kicked with the inside or outside of the foot, the toe heel or top of the foot, kicking or rolling the ball with the sole of the foot is not allowed
3. Players compete in either Strokeplay- the winner being the player who completes the course in the fewest number of kicks or Matchplay- the winner being the player who wins the most number of holes
4. Golf etiquette applies: the winner of a hole has the honour and tees off first at the next hole until losing one
5. The ball furthest away from the pin must be played first
6. Do not play off the tee until the game ahead is out of reach
7. There are no certainties in FootGolf so every player must finish out on every hole. Even if you think it is unmissable!!
The official FootGolf rule book is detailed and can be found on